[Dixielandjazz] Air travel and axes

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Wed Jun 11 22:02:32 PDT 2003

David Livingston asks:

> I am traveling on a plane with my trumpet for thefirst time since 9/11. I
plan to take my trumpet ascarry-on > and need to know what I can and can't
take in the case to avoid security trouble.

 I have traveled allot with bands since 911.  You should have no trouble at
all carrying your tpt on.  Just make sure you have no sharp objects,
fingernail clippers, etc.

I suggest you go to the web site of the airline on which you are traveling &
take a look at what is considered a no-no to carry on.

Best,

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com