[Dixielandjazz] Re: Where Are You?

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Wed Jun 11 15:14:34 PDT 2003

Jim: So you're 72, eh? What's your date of rank? Mine is 2/10/31. Does that
make me senior? No wonder we got along so well under Herr Grupenfuerher
Reinhardt's baton.
Glad you are getting some music in the ears. As soon as you get a  more
permanent
land address, I'll send you  a couple things you might like -- such as some
live recorded Big T that a friend made in a  club in Grand Rapids. Bobby
Lewis, Cuesta, Barrett, Ewall. Will burn it off a R to R. I will eliminate
Barrett's 12 minute solo and put some other stuff on it,
One thing about those long solos of his, they gave us a chance for the blood
to come back into the chops after playing four barn-burners in a row when
Der Musikmeister decided the band had been bad boys for some reason.
Ah...those were the days, eh?
Just played the CD you sent me some time back with Connie Jones on cornet. I
still agree with you -- he's one of the best playing today. Judy as singing
mighty nicely as well.
Well, sir, glad you found the library 'puter. You came through here loud and
clear.
As always,
Your friend,
 Don Ingle