[Dixielandjazz] RE: Wow on WING...; humor in music

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Tue Jun 10 00:49:18 PDT 2003

Remember Jackie Vernon's trumpet usually with excellent big band backing.
BAD!  Then there's Charlie Barnet's "The Wrong Idea" featuring Billy May on
the vocal.   Sammy Kaye sued Charlie and Capitol Records from that one that
featured the line "Swing and sweat with Charlie Barnet."

Red Ingle got in on some of this action, right, Don?   Spike Jones made a
good living...

Dick