[Dixielandjazz] Re: "Hot" music on Riverwalk

Texasjazzlover rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net
Mon Jun 9 13:33:50 PDT 2003

Jim, it is so good to have you post again on the list.

However, I must disagree with you about the Riverwalk show.  Perhaps it is
just because I was really introduced to this music when Jim (husband) took
me to The Landing in the summer of 1996.  After that I started listening
faithfully to "Riverwalk, Live from the Landing" and learned the history of
the music and the musicians of the 20's and 30's.  I am convienced I would
not be the fan I am today if it hadn't been for Riverwalk and Jim Cullum.

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX

Beebe writes....

A bigger problem with Riverwalk is that it comes off too much as 'Jazz
appreciation 101'.  I"ve had to turn it off more than once.

If Jim Cullum would get rid of David Holt and producer Margaret Pick and
just do some relaxed shows of good swinging 'Hot' music, and forget the
lectures and other BS I think that the listenership would increase
dramatically.

Jim beebe   101

_