[Dixielandjazz] Rambeling Rememberances on Mike Silverman - Reply to Richard Brodie

Paul Reid whadayesay at webtv.net
Sun Jun 8 11:32:05 PDT 2003

Dick, I'm going through the scads of entries and tributes to Mike. Yours
gas touched me very much. All that you stated is very heartfelt and
tender. We'll all miss him. I only hope that you can +make the wake+ for
Mike on the 19th of July. I don't know the location as yet, but that's
up to Bobbie. It looks like we should probably have a good sized room,
huh.

Best of regards, I'll stay more in touch with you. What you said is
true. We never realize how much more we could have reached out, until
after we had ther chance to. Fortunately, I did have some good
communication with him in the last months. One thing he did say was
that, he'd be around for a long time. This is true. What he recorded
will be around for a long time, for many to enjoy.
     I asked Bobbie yesterday if it was alright to post something on
DJML, and she gave her permission. She has heard from many, and I think,
as I feel you also did that DJML was an appropriate place to announce
this. Indeed, that's what DJML is very much a part of........
communication, in the best sense of the word.

Regards,
Paul