[Dixielandjazz] Mike silverman death

James Uhl jimuhl at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 7 13:43:22 PDT 2003

I am sorry to tell you that Mike Silverman died yesterday afternoon. Mike
was the  long-time co-leader of the Hot Frogs Jumping Jazz Band and my
son-in-law. He had been living on borrowed time for several years with a
congenital ailment -- arteries that were too small to handle the normal
supply of blood from the heart -- and persisted in playing his horn despite
pain. Over the years, he developed a number of additional ailments. He had
been to the eye doctor yesterday and apparently collapsed while driving
back into his driveway. His wife, Bobbie, found him and called 9-11 but to
no avail. Plans for memorial services are still being made. I will prepare
a more extensive obit and post it to you all. Your prayers will be appreciated.