[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 6, Issue 5

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 3 17:47:52 PDT 2003

> Hello Rob,
> you wrote:
>
> we, the other
> 99%, "aren't willing to push out past the point where 'our' comfortable
> notions will be challenged (and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with
> that), we "suspect" that people who are willing to accept more risk and
> change into their lives, lead more interesting lives, but not enough so that
> we jeopardize our stable situation by introducing more change into our
> own lives.  That's all I was saying, just musing at the keyboard.

Then BG wrote (polite snip) Kiddlingly, I'm sure.

> Let me get this straight. You're saying that only one out of a hundred
> people lead worthy lives while the rest of humanity simply live a drab,
> miserable, hum-drum existance with no desire at all to bring meaning into
> their otherwise worthless and meaningless lives.

Two which I add, any similarity betweern the above two is purely coincidental.
Comfortable" does not equal "drab". You are saying A, he is saying B and trying to
attribute B to you. You said it fine. Any idiot from 99% to 1 % should be able to
understand it, unless that idiot leads a drab, miserable, hum drum existence and is
defensive about it. No need for interpreters or for you to apologize about the
"meaning" of your written words. They speak for themselves, quite eloquently, as
does, I'm sure, your music.

Cheers,
Steve