[Dixielandjazz] Dadaism and early jazz

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 2 16:44:09 PDT 2003

on 6/1/03 6:31 PM, Don Ingle at dingle at baldwin-net.com wrote:

> maybe even remember
> when Tigers won games and they didn't fire basketball coaches with winning
> records.

    Now, wait just a minute!  I'm not THAT old!  But, wait: maybe I am.  I
saw Bobby Lane pitch a baseball game for the Univ. of Texas and strike out
every Baylor player.  That's a ways back.  In 1947.  Ooh!

    Sorry you can't make the Logan washtub: we managed to score a cabin with
outdoor hot tub and amenities 15 minutes outside town.  I think Lornetta
wants to stick around a few days and explore the countryside.  We were
looking forward to meeting up with you.

"I have a cassette somewhere recorded at the Pontch in the '70's subbing
with Gene Mayl's band with Georg Brunies on trombone. Also some sets with
Eddie Miller and Maxine Sullivan."

    Would love to hear them.  Played the top of the Ponch many many times
during the early 70s.  Some good times.

Charlie