[Dixielandjazz] Re: Novel From Dan Augustine; Boondockers CD

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 2 11:36:51 PDT 2003

>From: "Robert S. Ringwald" <ringwald at calweb.com>
>Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:51:48 -0700
>
>Dan,
>
>Also enjoying your reports on the Jubilee--Please send more.
>
>Thanks for the kind words about the Boondockers.  We are just about finished
>mixing our first CD which should be available in about a week.
>
>Bob
>mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
Bob and DJML--
    Glad you enjoyed my 'novel' about SacJazz.  I had to wrestle the logorrhea-leviathan down to the bare minimum of what i sent, and i didn't mention the other bands i saw.  If i can't slow down the runaway horses of my advancing garrulity (for another but worse metaphor), i may send other bits about the SacJazz experience.  I've tried to limit what i write to DJML, where the messages are usually shorter than on the Nero Wolfe list i also belong to (and to which i've probably posted a couple of hundred thousand words, not all of them examples of hypersesquipedalianism; i try to eschew obfuscation, but sometimes i am intoxicated by the exuberance of my own verbosity, among other things).
    I am bewitched, bothered, and bewildered (with apologies to Rodgers & Hart, and latterly to Walt Kelly's bats) by the news that the Boondockers have a CD in the works.  I want one.  Hope it will be available via the Boondockers website, which i'm happy to see also has quite a number of other items for sale on its gift page.

    Dan