[Dixielandjazz] EXPANDING THE AUDIENCE

Chuck Kercher ekercher at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jul 31 12:28:41 PDT 2003

Your success, Steve, is amazing and I wholeheartedly concur with your
opinions and advice. It is one thing to be aware of the success of your
group and another to emulate. There is a mix of personalities, talents,
geography, fans, etc. that can't be duplicated by only working mostly with
the desire. Thanks again for the tape.
    On a different subject: Comparing Clifford, Bird, and other players of
true genius begs the admission that Louis started his journey straight from
God's living room.The issue of the International Musician's publication at
the time of Louis's death had several pages of testimonials from jazz greats
of every type of pursuit concurred that there was nothing played that didn't
contain some part of Louis's original message from the Creator.