[Dixielandjazz] the life expectancy of dixieland

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 17:10:44 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Tom Wiggins says:

>Nuff said about this subject, some folks want OKOM to die and will do
>exactly
>what it takes to make that happen, "Absolutely Nothing" but there are a lot
>more of us out here working it everyday and making progress to not only
>preserve it but to broaden it and it's audience and we are succeeding in
>spite of the
>nay sayers.

I don't know where Tom comes up with the idea that "some folks want OKOM to
die."  I don't know anyone like that. Do you?

You know, I have a feeling that there isn't anything anybody can do to
either prolong the life of our music or cut it short. I think it's the sort
of thing that simply happens or it doesn't. As long as we're playing the
stuff which satisfies oiur need for an OKOM fix I'm happy. But I'm too old
to go on a crusade.

It's gonna take some young turks to carry on with the gigging and who knows
what might happen in the future.

I have high hopes but low expectations that dixieland will ever expand its
appeal.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "still gigging" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com