FW: [Dixielandjazz] Top 10 Reasons--decline of Dixieland Jazz

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Sat Jul 26 14:48:15 PDT 2003

----------
From: csuhor at zebra.net (Charles Suhor)
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Top 10 Reasons--decline of Dixieland Jazz

10. Your call. I'm flat out of speculations...

Hi Mr. Suhor,

How about --
10. Chasing away your audience, a la Mr. Hooks, like so:

"... I recall having used as an intro for 'Sweethearts on Parade' the line
that this was the new Army Marching Song (just after Clinton's gays in the
military debacle cut in), and two young women at a front table told me at
intermission that they had been offended. I engaged them earnestly and
asked in my most concerned voice, 'Well, yes, but were you Mortally
Offended?'  They just looked blank, and I walked away, saying, 'All right,
then.'   I think they stayed away after that: I certainly hope so!"

Chasing away the younger females in the audience?
Gentlemen and club owners don't take kindly to that.