[Dixielandjazz] RE: Ernie Carson

Burt Wilson futurecon at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 24 10:51:55 PDT 2003

Speaking of Ernie Carson....does anyone have the present whereabouts of
Banjoist Dave Wierbach. The last I heard he was at the Bucket O' BLood in
Virginia City.
I played in a band with Dave in 1980 at a night club in Portland, OR,
backing up a commedeinne by the name of Diamond Lil. The band consisted of
myself on trombone, Dave on banjo, Don Kinch on string bass, Ted des
Plantes on drums and John Bennett on piano. One night we found out that we
all played piano and we played "Indiana" with each member of the band
taking a chorus on the piano. What was unusual for me was the trombone
lead. Can you imagine? Who woudda thot....

If anyone has information on Dave (no, he doesn't owe me money) please send
it to me off list.

Thanks,

Burt Wilson
Silver Dollar Jazz Band