[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Slang

Fred Spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Thu Jul 24 12:43:22 PDT 2003

Dear Bill(s),
"Jazz Talk" (Bobbs-Merrill) by Robert S. Gold is a 1975 update of his
1964 "Jazz Lexicon". This is an excerpt from the entry in my almost
completed book,"Jazz Reference Books. An Annotated Selection" --"This
entertaining book contains definitions of 'hundreds of slang terms'
ranging from  'A& R' to 'Zoot suit (with the reet pleat)', based on
'thousands of quotations' from jazz literature.The provenance of each
quote is derived from some 300 sources listed in a 10-page 'Bibliography'.
Copies of  "Jazz Talk" are available on the internet. I worked in a used
  bookshop after retiring and could send you (Bill Gunter) the name(s) of
dealers with the best prices if you wish - off line.
Regards.
Fred