[Dixielandjazz] Tape problem

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Thu Jul 24 01:57:09 PDT 2003

If, in addition to squealing, the oxide layer seems to be building up on
the heads rapidly, you may not just need lubricant, or you may not need
it at all.  These tapes need to be baked at no more than 120 deg. F to
drive off the moisture and relink some of the binder.  They should play
OK for a few days after that.  Don't wait too long though.

Ron L