[Dixielandjazz] Re: Barrett Deems

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 13:27:44 PDT 2003

Bill wrote:

<<Dear Kurt,
Lucky you!
The first and only time I tried to talk to Barrett Deems (he was in Oz with
the
Louis All Stars) he told us to "f--- off!"
Not a happy man on that tour.
We left him alone from then on.>>

I knew Barrett, loved Barrett and enjoyed Barrett. On occassion, we'd hang
out.

One of his favorite sayings around me was "The whole world sucks".

Some years ago, for one of his older famous birthday parties, I was unable to
attend, so I sent a card I made along with a friend to give to Barrett . . .

One the front it read: "Barrett - If the whole world sucks . . ."

On the inside it read: "Why are you hanging around so long?"

Loved that drummer! People like him make life colorful and interesting.

Bill
414-777-0100
BillSargent.com