[Dixielandjazz] Bix Beiderbecke F2F IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION!

Kurt bowermastergroup at qwest.net
Wed Jul 23 13:58:57 PDT 2003

FORGET WHAT I SAID IN AN EARLIER MESSAGE about the details of a DJML
Face-To-Face gathering at the Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival in
Davenport, Iowa this coming weekend (July 24-27).

There will still be a get together but the details have changed!!!

HERE IS THE CORRECT INFORMATION:

After looking at the Bix schedule and consulting Bob Ringwald for his
advice, it looks like this is our best option for getting together:

*	The Bix DJML F2F gathering will be on Saturday, July 26 at  8:30 AM
in the lobby of the Holiday Inn (5202  Brady Street, Davenport (band
performance site)  MEET IN THE LOBBY.  I will make a sign to hang on the
wall (DJML WILL MEET HERE etc.) and post it Friday (the hotel said I could
do this).

I spoke with a person in the Holiday Inn's sales office to let her know we
are planning this gathering and asked her for suggestions as to the best
place for us to meet in the hotel.  She said since there will be so many
people in the hotel we are on our own.  Their bar doesn't open until 5:00
and we will be unable to get a Bloody Mary, unless a DJML member invites us
to their room.

Once we are together, we can decide where to go.  I think the restaurant
will be open.  The hotel bar is not open until 5:00 PM.

I plan to go to the Bix grave site ceremony in Oakdale Cemetery at 10:00 AM.
The bands start at Noon with Josh Duffee & His Orchestra in LeClaire Park,
and Ralph Norton's Varsity Ramblers at the Holiday Inn.

But wait, there's more...SPECIAL BONUS!  The first six people to arrive at
the F2F at 8:30 AM Saturday in the lobby of the Holiday Inn will receive a
very limited edition "DJML Says Bix Lives" button!  Destined to become a
rare collectors item you can auction off on E-Bay for big bucks someday.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I look forward to meeting you
at the Bix.  BIX LIVES!

P.S. - My Party Gras Dixieland Band is playing a pre-Bix private party at
the Outing Club on Thursday night and afterwards (about 11:00 PM) I'll be at
the Col Ballroom.  And of course, bouncing from site to site on Friday.
I'll be wearing a DJML button.  If you see me, say hi.

Kurt Bowermaster,
Des Moines, Iowa