[Dixielandjazz] DJML Face-To-Face at the Bix Beiderbecke Festival

Kurt bowermastergroup at qwest.net
Tue Jul 22 13:33:33 PDT 2003

There has been some interest from DJML members about having a Face-To-Face
gathering during this year's Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival in
Davenport, Iowa July 24-27.  This is my first exposure to a DJML F2F, so I
have no idea how many people might show up.

HELP!!! Based on past experience, can anyone tell me how the F2F works?
Does someone make a DJML sign to post in the area where people meet?  Do
people just gather by the stage?  Does everyone wear one of those infamous
DJML badges to identify each other?  Is there a secret handshake?

Any words of wisdom are welcome.

Since people will have different travel schedules, I suggest the following
Face-To-Face gatherings at different venues so everyone has a chance to
meet.  Check the front desk of the Holiday Inn for any changes.

1. Friday  (7-25) before the Noon New Wolverine Jazz Orchestra set at the
Holiday Inn.
2. Friday (7-25) before the 4:00 PM Bob Crosby Bobcats set at LeClaire Park
3. Saturday (7-26) at the 10:00 AM Bix gravesite memorial in Oakdale
Cemetery.

Here's to everyone having a great Bix Festival as we all enjoy a great band
schedule!  BIX LIVES!

Kurt Bowermaster