[Dixielandjazz]

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 13:28:02 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/21/03 9:16:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gwilliamoakley at earthlink.net writes:

> I would disagree regarding the Library of Congress.  Their function is to
> issue the copyright.  They have no further interest in the work regarding
> royalties.

Yes, you are correct here Bill, I am sorry I should have clarified my
statement a little better.

However Their primary function in today's Real world of beauracracies, is
actually to collect and cash the check for the fees you pay to file it.  And they
certainly have no further interest in the work.

Just go there someday and try to actually find your work in the Library, and
see if you can find which warehouse the box is stored in at taxpayers expense
of course.

Just another way to rip off the naive songwriter or author,
Cheers,

Tom Wiggins.