[Dixielandjazz] Seeking 1925 music of Sugar Foot Stomp

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 16:22:22 PDT 2003

As usual, Brother Don, you cut right to the center of the mystery on the
date of copyright. By the way, that brings up a question. A copyright has a
certail life  . . . x number of years. I don't know 'zactly what it is but
whatever it is when does it start? Does it begin with the moment of
oonception (in the case of Dippermouth that would be 1923 but in the case of
Sugarfoot that would be 1925). Does that put the expiration date of the
copyright in a two year fuzzy area?

Perhaps someone can clarify that for the rest of us.

1. How long is a copyright on a composition?
2. Does it start at the time of its creation or the time of a formal
copyright?

Respectfully requested,

Bill "You think you know poverty - hah!" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com