[Dixielandjazz] Seeking 1925 music of Sugar Foot Stomp

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Mon Jul 21 08:56:05 PDT 2003

The differece between your source saying 1923 and others' source of 1925 is
whether or not ASCAP gets a pice f the action in a royalty. Some of these
thngs were worked out and played for soe time before getting around to a
fomal copyright. Under commn law copyright, the creator owns all rights at
the moment it is created. But legally it is stronger to have it formally
copyrighted in US copyright office since damages for infringement are better
if you have the formal rather than common law copyright. My writng
(features, articles) are covered by publicatons who copywrite  pro forma,
and where they are published otherwise, I do an annual "bundle" volume
copywrite. This way, when I pass, my wife can collect my royalties and
continue to live a life of poverty the same as I have by being a
writer!<Grinsies>
Don (Pardon me, but that's mine) Ingle