[Dixielandjazz] Re: Original 'Moldy Fig' Brad Gowens?

Jim Denham james at jiming.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 03:06:26 PDT 2003

Dear Bill,

I can't comment upon the "Rhapsody Makers" side you mention (though I
will now seek it out): but as for his valve ("valide", I understand)
playing with Condon in 1939 and after, I agree wholeheartedly! It's
brilliant, and he, Kaminsky and Russell were a 'dream' front line.

Many thanks, too, to Don Ingle for his memories (sad though they were)
of this neglected giant. Gowans must, surely, have been an influence
upon Bob Brookmeyer?

Yours,

Jim Denham

In message <0HIB008FTK01QC at mta04ps.email.bigpond.com>, Bill Haesler