[Dixielandjazz] Re: Original 'Moldy Fig' Brad Gowens?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sun Jul 20 21:33:53 PDT 2003

Dear Jim,
Mmmmmmm.
I think you may be right when you said >I refuse to believe that *anything* by
Brad Gowans is inferior to Lu Watters...<
I have had, for years too long to remember, (Brad) Gowan's Rhapsody Makers "I'll
Fly To Hawaii", 26 Oct 1926.
Talk about Bix!!! The cnt solo on that record is HOT!
This side has just been reissued on a Retrieval CD (RTR79037 'Jazz Goes
Hawaiian').
My question is: Is it Gowans on cnt?
I hope so,  and I believe that it is.
Any opinions?
Brad Gowans, More mmmmmmmm.
Valve tbn with Condon. An obsession with the ODJB. Much more.
Me mate Ingle MUST have stories.
Snogpitch asked who was he?
One on the greatest unsung heroes in the history of jazz, that's all.
Kind regards,
Bill.