[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dick Cary

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 17:50:17 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/18/2003 12:15:56 PM Central Standard Time,
paul.edgerton at eds.com writes:

> Bill, I certainly *do* know who Dick Cary was. I'm diminished for never
> having
> met him personally. My riposte was actually a great compliment. I mean, how
> many third alto parts have you played?

   I think that many people forget or overlook the fact that Dick Cary was
the pianist on two of the finest live Louis Armstrong concerts ever recorded.
The "magnificent"Town Hall" concert and "Satchmo at Symphony Hall." Cary's fine
piano work was an important ingredient.  I once called him ( out of the blue
as he didn't know me) just to talk about that.

Jim Beebe