[Dixielandjazz] To Musicians: Tunes needed

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Wed Jul 16 10:10:21 PDT 2003

Hi Folks. I'm looking for more tunes to include in my new fake books.
I have the complete Anderson.

1. "Dixieland FB vol. 2"--classic 20s-early 30s records--mostly tunes not
readily available in "authoritative" form--I have King Oliver '23, Hot 5-7,
Red Hot Peppers, the obvious stuff... I'm transcribing salient strains and
solos from the records, sometimes the entire record.
Maybe I'm missing some less obvious classics that people might want to
play. Not looking for great versions of standard OKOM tunes, though I'll
take those too, but important records, or tunes that may or may not be
linked to seminal records.

Newly added goodies include "Anything"; Mole/Nichols "Imagination", "Harlem
twist". Ellington's "Sweet mama", "Awful sad"; Bix's "Goose pimples",
"There'll come a time", "Deep Harlem". Some of these I did because I've
really liked 'em over the years. Lemme have your favs, too.

2. "Treasures of the 20s-30s-40s"--mostly 20s pop/show tunes, with a bunch
of  tunes for which there was no room in "30s-40s Fake Book". What are your
favorites nobody seems to play?

Check out the webpage for each book to see what I've done and have in mind.
I've made considerable progress on each book, but have plenty of space left.

Thanks.
--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
Compiler: "Dixieland FB" (Bb, C); "30S-40S FB (Bb, C)"; "Gig Book"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
http://americanmusiccaravan.com (Fake Books, Chord Books, Bands)
eMail: dwlit at cpcug.org