[Dixielandjazz] Re: Max Collie

TBW504 at aol.com TBW504 at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 10:47:33 PDT 2003

Whatever opinion one holds as to the merit of the Max Collie outfit it is not
true that they rarely play in Britain these days as someone commented. True,
they frequently tour Denmark and Germany but invariably on the way out or on
their way back they feature at Dover's Swingate Inn. This is a venue that does
not command a high fee which speaks volumes about the band's loyalty to their
local following. Furthermore, I once sent faxes to every band listed in the
British "Jazz Guide" politely requesting information for a database I keep on
jazz musicians. Despite the complaints of innumerable musicians who had been
left out of John Chilton's "Who's Who of British Jazz" I only got one reply -
from Max.