[Dixielandjazz] Mercy Mercy Mercy OKOM?

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:39:12 PDT 2003

In the Cell Block 7 we play a rendition of Amazing Grace which begins with a
Double Bell Euphonium trio and no other instruments in 3/4 time. The tempo
is slow and deliberate. After the last notes of the first chorus die out the
banjo player plays a two bar duple time pattern and then the entire band
swings into a series of chorus and in the final bars of the out chorus there
is an abrupt stop in the rhythm and the tunes ends with the same motif as
the opening double bell chorus in 3/4 time.

Tasteless? I dunno . . . sounds ok to me.

Bill "What the hell do I know, I play the washboard" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com