[Dixielandjazz] Benny Carter's Passing....A Truly Great Loss

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Sun Jul 13 18:22:08 PDT 2003

Benny's playing was as unique as Hodges' and both made significant
contributions to the histtory of our music.   The arguement here is like the
question, "Who was better - Louie Armstrong or Bix Biderbecke?"   Why not
simply acknowlege that they were both great and that further comparison
makes little sense?  Orannge and Apples - or is that IBM and Apples these
days?

  Dick  B