[Dixielandjazz] Multiple Preservation Hall Jazz Bands

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sat Jul 12 21:05:41 PDT 2003

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think there is A Preservation Hall
Jazz Band.  Music played at the hall was (is) by whoever was free that
night or some such arrangement.  Personnel were not constant, not fixed.
It would be more proper to say the Bands from Preservation Hall.  When I
went to see them in the New England area in the 70s, I saw two different
bands at two different venues.  They were both good but both a bit
different.  I knew they were different ahead of time from advance
publicity.

Ron L