[Dixielandjazz] "Fraud" as simeltaneous gigs

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Sat Jul 12 10:41:56 PDT 2003

Here's my two cents worth:

It is almost impossible, when doing casuals, to always have exactly the same
musicians in the band.  There are too many other events on their lives that
will interfere.  Like a head cold, or out of town on vacation, or
conflicting gigs, or tied up with a sick mother, etc.

Sure, if you pay to see Tony Bennett, you will not see a substitute.  But I
bet that at any given time you will not see the same back up musicians at
his concerts. This is not a fraud. The band will sound the same because the
same music is used and directed the usual way.

Russ Guarino