[Dixielandjazz] Simultaneous Gigs - Redux

Mike Marois MikeMarois at HireLiveMusicians.com
Sat Jul 12 10:47:14 PDT 2003

Thanks Charlie for your response.  I was glad that several people picked up
on my real message without me having to spell it out.  And Charlie, after
all you've taugh me in the music biz during my stay in Chicago, I could
never hate you!

Mike Marois
Tuba/Computer Guru
http://www.TheDukesofDixieland.com
http://www.HireBands.com
http://www.Maroisapps.com

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com]On Behalf Of Charlie
Hooks
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 9:19 PM
To: barbonestreet at earthlink.net; Dixieland Jazz Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Simultaneous Gigs - Redux

on 7/11/03 12:09 PM, Stephen Barbone at barbonestreet at earthlink.net wrote:

> Music is a business. Play it, satisfy the audience, not the exceptions,
> make money at it and don't sweat the small stuff..

    Thumbs up, Stephen!

    But, of course, I do understand Mike Marois' point of view: people have
been ripping off the Asuntos for so long it has become a tradition--and a
damn despicable one where the family is concerned.

    So: musically, I think Mike has the high ground; but from a business
standpoint, Steve is dead on.

so there!
Charlie

(Now they'll both hate me, right?)