[Dixielandjazz] Re: Jazz Festivals; Texas festivals

George Thurmond gmthur at delrio.com
Fri Jul 11 13:39:13 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Augustine" <ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 10:14 AM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Jazz Festivals; Texas festivals

> >From: "Bill Gunter" <jazzboard at hotmail.com>
> >To: rvthompson at earthlink.net, dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
> >Bcc:
> >Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Jazz Festivals
> >Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:54:03 +0000
> >
> >If the Natural Gas and Professor Plum play the prune festival then what
are appropriate venues for the Cell Block 7 or the Boondockers?

> >Respectfully submitted,
> >
> >Bill Gunter
> >Cell Block 7
> >The Boondockers
> >jazzboard at hotmail.com

**-------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*
Dan and Bill -

            It would seem entirely appropriate for the Boondockers to book
the annual Super Bull Festival here in Del Rio - the festival's title seems
most descriptive of the tall tales and patter related by the Dockers during
their sets.  OTOH our bulls might be a bit nervous with a bunch of Dockers
in the arena.  And since the festival is a rodeo,  I guess the C & W
audience would prefer Igor and his bunch of cowboys,  Oh well, it was a
thought.

George Thurmond