[Dixielandjazz] Kim Cusack's Commission ( Amended)

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 20:56:25 PDT 2003

Note*

In the message below that I recently posted, I intended to include my present
address, in the event that there may be other unpaid commissions out there or
other fees that are due me or if someone just wants to send me some money.
It is:

3600 Ebner Coulee
La Crosse, WI  54601

This address is not intended for use by counterclaims or commissions and fees
that bogus claimants my have against me...such as the times that I
inadvertently hired two on one instrument.  The time that I mistakenly hired two
bassists, John Bany and Wilson McKindra for a gig.  I arrived and both were already
there, pissed and confused.  I dismissed McKindra, as he had come the farthest,
with the assurance that I would pay him regardless.  It has just come to me
that I never paid him.  Or the time that I had two drummers, John Faren and Ron
Barron...that was a weird scene...........

Several week ago I received a surprising and welcome email from Kim Cusack,
the principle clarinetist with the Salty Dogs and other notable Traditional
Jazz groups. I have worked a lot with Kim over the years and I know him to be
reedist of the highest order and a man of principle.

Mr Cusack was seeking my present address as he claimed that he had a
commission that he owed to me for a gig that I had graciously turned over to
him. I
presented my address and offered the comment that as time had lapsed,
certainly
interest had accrued and the amount that he owed me would now be double the
original amount.  Mr. Cusack saw through this brazen con immediately and
rejected it, causing me to withdraw in shame and embarrassment.

Since this communication took place I have greeted the mail carrier everyday,

expecting the arrival of this commission check.  Each day I beseech the
carrier to look into his-her bag yet again but no check is forthcoming.

So, I wonder if Mr. Cusack was playing some crude Ernie Carson joke on me or
if financial ruin may have come his way. I don't think that he stopped by
some
bar and drank it away or lost it at the track.  Perhaps he is cross with me
for my clumsy attempt to jack up the size of his commission check.

And so, I retreat in befuddlement, watching for the mail carrier.

Jim Beebe