[Dixielandjazz] Karoake Bars

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 16:35:10 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/10/03 12:06:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
charliehooks at earthlink.net writes:

> "Karaoke bars combine two of the nation's greatest evils: people who
> shouldn't drink and people who shouldn't sing."
>
> --Tom Dreesen

Absolutely correct, but thanks to them there are many Karaoke wannabe singers
working in the places that used to have an OKOM Band, and surprise surprise,
these clowns are making about the same amount of money as the typical OKOM
band playing clubs.

The club owners don't know or give a damn how good or bad the entertainment
is they are in the alcohol business not show business, and as long as people
come in and drink they don't care what keeps them in there ringing the cash
register.

Tom Wiggins
Like Karaoke singers about as much as I do Dj's playing cds for money outside
a radio station and replacing working bands.