[Dixielandjazz] Does fun and joy belong on this list or is it "off topic?"

Kmstrmldr at aol.com Kmstrmldr at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 10:36:46 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/8/03 10:20:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jerrygordon at juno.com writes:

> As in many walks of life, we all need a little more patience and
> tolerance. Soon enough, we'll be back to whether a duck call sounds
> better in A-sharp or B-flat.

Of course, you are correct in this.
Peter wanted a list dedicated to "Dixieland jazz"....Hence his the name for
the list.
Now the list has been adulterated from that concept with the phrase OKOM
which seems, mostly, an umbrella to include classic jazz, bop, bebop etc.

I will have to let someone else draw the line as to what is appropriate on
this dixieland list.

Don Hale