[Dixielandjazz] Re: BG & "Georgia On My Mind"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 10 20:40:02 PDT 2003

Dear John;
Me mate Phil O'Rourke has answered the Capitol 'band of band leaders' query.
I also have the JUCD 2044. The session is also available on the Mosaic Capitol
set MR12-170.
"Powerhouse" is from a Camel Caravan broadcast made on 14 Sept 1947 with BG, ts;
Murray McEachern, t/bells; Art Rollini, cl; Ziggy Elman, p; Allan Reuss, sb; &
Harry James, d.
Issued on IAJRC 14 'Radio Rhythm Vol 1' and Sunbeam SB-149 'A Jam Session with
Benny Goodman 1935-1937'.
I have IAJRC14.
Kind regards,
Bill.
PS: I still can't find my copy of "Georgia On My Mind" from 15 March 1941, the
other side with BG on ts.
Maybe I just think I have it.