[Dixielandjazz] Re: BG & "Georgia On My Mind"

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 10 08:38:53 PDT 2003

Hello Bill,

FWIW dept ......
....... somewhere in the partly packed away depths of my collection I have
a tape of a BG small group playing Raymond Scott's "Powerhouse" with Benny
on tenor and, IIRC, Vido Musso on clarinet and Harry James on drums.

Also have the original (Capitol ?) 78s of a 'band of band leaders' all
playing instruments with which they're not normally associated .... with
Peggy Lee on drums. Issued as "Ten Cats and a Chick" or similar. Exact
details escape me at the moment and without digging deep.
-=-
 John,
        Suffolk, England.
                    ?