[Dixielandjazz] Rosy McHargue's Ragtimers Reissue

Burt Wilson futurecon at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 6 14:16:45 PDT 2003

How  I miss Bob Higgins. I had the opportunity to play a few sets with him
in an all-star band at the 1984 (I think!) Sacramento Jazz Jubilee and he
was superb--one of the most honest, flowing styles I have every heard. He
also played with Jack Teagarden and a number of other jazz bands. As my
memory goes back to those sets, I remember the band was led by a tuba player
who was very funny and, apropos to an earlier thread, sag (To Pennies from
Heaven) "If you want the things you love, you must take a shower.") And the
drummer was from Australia and he had a washboard on top of his bass drums
and he produced the finest rhythm I have ever heard!! Don't recall his name.
Anyone know?

Burt Wilson