[Dixielandjazz] Hello, Dixieland Jazz Fans - Creole Dixieland Jazz News!

Creole Dixieland Jazz Band dave at creolejazz.com
Sat Jul 5 20:38:57 PDT 2003

Greetings, all!

This is the occasional newsletter of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band from Springfield, Missouri. (E-mail removal instructions at the bottom of this message.)

For details on all of this news and a whole lot more, visit our website: http://www.CreoleJazz.com.

EVERY MONDAY!
Thanks to all who've come out to support the band and had some of that good, Louisiana-style seafood at Joey's Seafood on Mondays. We've played there four Mondays so far and, thanks to you, the place has been full and the managers are very happy. What a party it is on MARDI GRAS MONDAYS at JOEY'S SEAFOOD RESTAURANT in Springfield where we play from 6-8 p.m. every Monday! If you haven't made it out yet, please stop by some Monday night real soon.

EVERY SATURDAY!
You read right. Beginning this Saturday, July 12, we'll be at Fuddrucker's at Lone Pine and Battlefield Road in Springfield from 7-10 p.m. Come join us for the "World's Greatest Hamburgers" and good New Orleans jazz.

EVERY SUNDAY!
Of course, we're still at our "home base", Arris' Pizza, every Sunday night from 6:30 till 8:30 where we've played every Sunday since the last century. Our continued thanks to you for helping keep Arris' *THE* place to go in Springfield to hear traditional, New Orleans jazz.

OTHER PERFORMANCES
Join us under the big gazebo on the town square in Seymour, Missouri Saturday, July 19, from 7:30 till 9:30 p.m. for a summer concert featuring New Orleans Dixieland jazz with the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band. (Our usual Saturday night session at Fuddrucker's will be moved to FRIDAY, July 18, this weekend only.) Always a good time. Then, come for the smooth, cold frozen custard or come for the hot jazz but come to CRUISIN' USA in Ozark, Missouri on Friday, July 25, as we play from 7 till 10 p.m. See you there!

SCOTT JOPLIN RAGTIME FESTIVAL
We had a great time last month at the Scott Joplin fest in Sedalia, Missouri. Capacity crowds and standing ovations. It was our pleasure to have the great Butch Thompson sit in with us on clarinet. What a blast! That same weekend, we were honored to provide the music for the traditional New Orleans jazz funeral for "Ragtime Bob" Darch. There are plenty of new PHOTOS of both events on our website. Check it out at: http://www.creolejazz.com

GREAT PLAYERS
A lot of terrific players have played with the Creole Band lately: On cornet: Billy Hunt, Mark Brueggemann, Lee Smith; on clarinet: Jerry Hoover, Dick Turner, Michael Carroll, Jim Murphy, Butch Thompson, Claude Coffman, Will Binge; on trombone: Red Ormsbee, Chuck Mahaffey, Tom Rastorfer, Lee Smith, Bucky Pelsue; on tenor sax: Will Binge, Richard Bruton; on piano: Harry Beckett, Gary Ellison; on tuba: Mike Marois; on acoustic bass: Brandon Henson; on drums: Robin Hendry; on vocals: Steve Mann, Rudy Stretesky, Richard, Mekdeci, Michael Thomas. A complete list of musicians who have played with the band one time or another is on our website: http://www.CreoleJazz.com

NEW PHOTO SECTION
Check out our website for a new photo section. Photo galleries will be added from time to time.

As always, thanks for your support!

Dave Gravatt
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band
"It's a treat to beat your feet"
http://www.CreoleJazz.com
http://www.Syncopation-Enterprises.com
Springfield, Missouri
417-581-5626
Live, hot, traditional New Orleans Dixieland jazz from 6:30 till 8:30 every Sunday night except Easter and the Superbowl at Arris' Pizza, 1332 E. Republic Road (between Fremont & National) in Springfield, Missouri, 417-881-7260. Hear the band EVERY MONDAY night from 6-8 p.m. at Joey's Seafood Restaurant, 1645 W. Republic Rd in front of Remingtons at James River Expressway and Kansas Expressway. Hear the band every SATURDAY night from 7 till 10 at Fuddrucker's Hamburgers at Battlefield Road and Lone Pine in Springfield.

***You're receiving this because you (or someone pretending to be you) requested to be on the mailing list of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band that plays at in and around Springfield, Missouri. Or, I know you personally and just thought you'd want to be on the list. Either way, if you DO NOT want to be on our list, just reply and let me know. Thanks.***