[Dixielandjazz] Happy Birthday USA

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 4 22:55:33 PDT 2003

on 7/4/03 12:59 PM, Snogpitch at snogpitch at prodigy.net wrote:

> Who is the IDIOT Music Director that would hire a British Band to play a
>
> Fourth of July event in America.
>
> Tom Wiggins
> ___________________

    Tom, I see your point; but think it through a bit more:

    What kid should not be allowed to hire his parents' band to play for his
own birthday party?  True, his old man might have been pissed to have him at
birth, might have been more than a bit of an asshole,  but the kid was no
prize, either back then!    And lots of water's flowed  under that bridge
since: together we've fought off common enemies who would have killed us
both if they could have.   We've suffered the separation of a "common
language."  And we still love each other!

    Well, at least we love them!   Most of us do.  I certainly do.  These
people are our parents, dammit!  Cut them some slack and back off!

musical content: "Rule, Brittania!"
Charlie