[Dixielandjazz] Bio'

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 4 22:23:31 PDT 2003

on 7/3/03 1:04 PM, Don Ingle at dingle at baldwin-net.com wrote:

> Any man who plays trad jazz and owns -- or is owned by -- a Labrador
> retriever has to be a good guy! You can fool an audience, but you can't a
> fool a Lab.
> Don (who is owned by an 11-year-old, hell on grouse and woodcock, red Lab
> named Socrates) Ingle

Hey, Don!

   Brian Towers is one of the good guys!  He is an
Englishman-become-Canadian who is still an Anglo-American--i.e., he has not
sold out to the Pee-On-America crowd now controlling the British Isles.  He
is a man from whose forebears my own might proudly claim descent.   If he
played in an English band and would consent to play for my July 4th
celebration (as he well might) I would hire him  in an instant and be proud
to have him!

OF COURSE he owns a Labrador!  I could have predicted that.  Good dog, Max!

Charlie