[Dixielandjazz] Getting Paid

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 3 16:48:12 PDT 2003

Richard Broadie wrote: (polite snips from 2 posts)

> Is that the same Guido who we called "Big Guido" that usta woik for Sinatra?
>
> Important thing is I've never really been stiffed.  It may have taken me 6
> months to get paid, but that was from folks like Dick Clark Producitions,
> Warner Bros. and Capitol Records.

No, it was Big Guido's cousin from South Philadelphia.

Yeah, it is always the people that can can afford it the most that seem pay
late. And when you ask them about it they say : "Hey, you know I'm good for
it."
"Yeah", say I,  "I know, but you have MY money and I paid the band at the time
of the gig."

One time Buddy Rich tried to stiff Ace after Ace made band uniforms for Buddy's
band. Needless to say, Ace collected in court, but only 50 cents on the dollar.
He said later, "I should have sent Guido."

Cheers,
Steve Barbone