[Dixielandjazz] Ed Metz - Bios

Edmetzsr at aol.com Edmetzsr at aol.com
Tue Jul 1 13:57:05 PDT 2003

Dear Listmates,
       In keeping with the running thread and Bob Ringwald's request to "keep
'em coming", I direct you to the current (July) issue of the Mississippi Rag.
Thanks to Jim Uhl and Leslie Johnson and her staff, you'll find everything
you need to know and them some about my background. Jim sure saved me a lot of
time in punching in a long email for you to wrestle with. If, on the other hand
you have some need to find out more, please contact me off list.
       Oh, and please note that the Bob Crosby Bob Cats will be appearing at
the Bix Festival in Davenport in late July and at the Orange County (CA)
Classic in early August. For you folks out west, we're looking forward to seeing
you since we don't get out your way too often anymore. Hopefully that will
change soon. For those of you in the East (NY/NJ) area, our abbreviated group (Some
Of The Cats) will be appearing at the Bickford Theater/Morris Museum in
Morristown, NJ on Monday evening August 18th as part of Bruce Gast's Jazz Series
where we'll be serving up some Crosby/Eddie Miller recreations like "Call Me A
Taxi".
       Hoping to see you all out on the circuit.
Ed Metz for the Bob Cats