[Dixielandjazz] Re: Help? Wild Bill 1951 Boston

Richard Broadie richard.broadie at gte.net
Fri Jan 31 14:24:20 PST 2003

Hi Bill.  Thanks's much for the info.  S' Wonderful and Could be W You are
outstanding!
When I played with Bill a few times in the mid sixties, his tone had more
"growl" than is evident on this recording.  Still I had no doubt who the
cornet player was.

There's an edge to Pee Wee's tone that's missing with Frank's playing.  On
the ad lib choruses, there's no doubt of Pee Wee's influence.  Bobby Gordon
could have recorded this and sounded very close.  Of course Bobby will deny
that he could have done it in 1951 because he was busy getting born.  :-)
Dick