[Dixielandjazz] Leader's Speech with 'attachment'

Tony Davis tony at tony-davis.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 10:58:01 PST 2003

Hi Bob,

Ok, here's another suggestion.  Looking back over your past few posts it seems
that what's happening is that when you *originate* a message it arrives in
plain text but when you forward or reply to a message containing HTML your
plain text gets converted into HTML.  There's a setting in Outlook Express
which controls this - under Tools/Options/Send there's a checkbox which says
"Reply to messages using the format in which they were sent".  (Details may
differ in your version of OE).  Checking this should solve your problem.

One thing puzzles me - I notice that your posts also pick up an attachment
flag when you quote a URL (e.g. your post about Buddy Bolden's Blues just
before Christmas), but other people's don't (e.g. Mike Meddings' post about
the JRM site received today).  I can only think this must be down to your
version of Outlook Express (Mike is using v6.0 like me).

Cheers,

Tony.

--
Tony Davis