[Dixielandjazz] list clutter

PLadd36932 at aol.com PLadd36932 at aol.com
Tue Jan 28 04:15:07 PST 2003

In a message dated 26/01/03 21:49:56 GMT Standard Time, varedecker at msn.com
writes:

<<  The threads are continuous enough that a repeat of the last several
comments in each message are just adding clutter >>

Hi,
    I am sorry but I dont think that they are.
The SUBJECT line  often does not reflect what the post is about because the
actual subject has changed three times since the original post.
A short quote is a reminder of what is actually being discussed as opposed to
the SUBJECT heading.
However  I would certainly agree that those who quote the entire previous
post .should be hunted down without mercy and hung from the nearest tree

Apropos a similar problem.
I printed out the Burns poem posted recently for the benefit of my Scots son
in law and although the actual poem took up only 6 inches ,by the time  all
the gobbledegook which follows the actual message was printed out took 3
sheets of A4 size paper.
Is there any way of inhibiting the printing of part of a message?
Cheers

PatL