[Dixielandjazz] Black & blue

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Tue Jan 28 06:41:04 PST 2003

While this thread is active you might like to know that there is also a book
entitled Black And Blue, The Life And Lyrics Of Andy Razaf. The author is
Barry Singer, it is published by Schirmer Books, New York, the  ISBN is
0-02-872397-X. I haven't got around to reading all of it yet, but I shall
because it is stuffed with fascinating information about Razaf's important
contribution to OKOM. He was the guy who wrote the lyrics of Black & Blue,
Blue Turning Grey, Honeysuckle Rose, Ain't Misbehavin', Memories Of You,
Stompin' At The Savoy and over 800 others including Sambo's Syncopated
Russian Dance !!

John Farrell
stridepiano at tesco.net