[Dixielandjazz] Re: James Scott

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Sun Jan 26 05:23:42 PST 2003

Bill Haesler said  (re who composed "Has Anyone Seen Corrine") :

 "The only early record of this song I could find was "Has Anyone Seen My
Corinne"
 recorded in NY for Columbia (A-2663) by Wilber Sweatman on 17 Aug 1918.
 I dug out my German Storyville (6.28469) double LP by the Boogie Woogie
Boys and
 played "Has Anyone Seen Corrinne" by Albert Ammons, taken from Sherman
Hotel
 broadcasts in Sept-Oct 1939.
 A very good song and aurally could have been composed in the late teens.
 A great Ammons' rendition too.
 Storyville give composer credit to Ammons.(snip)
 PS: What CD do you have it on?"

Ammons as the composer carries much more credibility than James Scott. The
CD I have which gives Scott the composer credit is Storyville STCD 8026 "The
Boogie Woogie Trio Vol. 2" (23 tracks from the famous 1939 Sherman Hotel
broadcasts featuring Ammons, Pete Johnson and Meade Lux Lewis). The Corrine
track on it is a reissue of Storyville SLP 184.

In view of what you say I am now certain that the composer information on my
CD is inaccurate.

John Farrell
stridepiano at tesco.net