[Dixielandjazz] Re: A rant on the unamplified rhythm section

Don Mopsick mophandl at landing.com
Sat Jan 25 08:16:11 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rebecca Thompson" <res0a3qw at verizon.net>
To: "Don Mopsick" <mophandl at landing.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 6:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Re: A rant on the unamplified rhythm section

> Don, I thought you were amplified when you play at the Summit.  Am I
> mistaken?

Nope, just a microphone as always at Summitt. It was someone else's bass set
up with metal strings, and it had a bridge pickup on it, so you may have
therefore assumed that I was using it along with an amp, but I wasn't
(heaven forfend!).

I couldn't hear it very well on stage, but musicians in the audience
(including Dan Barrett) assured me that I was getting the "true bass sound."

mopo