[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 1, Issue 462

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Thu Jan 23 16:43:44 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/23/2003 4:15:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com writes:

> >leave
> >the

Dan Spink adds his thought for the day:

I agree, as I often do, with you, Pat. One other thought. It's not only the
notes (who plays the driving bass notes) but also the chords and what, if
anything, is done to fill and "walk" a line in the bass. A good piano man
should be able to play as though he or she were playing accompaniment piano,
listening carefully to what the banjo, guitar, bass, etc. is doing and
working around them as well as filling in for them when necessary. In short,
it takes team work.

Dan (piano fingers) Spink